2/12/09

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Okay, I knew this day would come, but sometimes as a mom, you just don't want to admit it. With 4 kids in our family, it is always exciting to celebrate a birthday; however, there are certain milestones you don't look forward to hitting.

Our baby, Courtney Anne is 6 today. Quite funny really, here's how our conversation went.


Courtney: "When does my birthday start?"

Mom: "Tomorrow"

Courtney: "I know, when tomorrow?"

Mom: "You mean what time in the day?"

Courtney: "Yep"

Mom: "12:01 am so when you wake up, it's already your birthday. You get the whole entire day."

Courtney: "Screaming and yelling! Get out mom, are you serious? I bet I'm the only one ever."


Talk about an easy way to make your kids happy. However, now our baby is 6 and I think that is the point in children when they really aren't babies anymore. She is still MY baby, but she starts a whole new phase in life.


Where did the time go?

4 comments:

Aimée said...

Aww, happy 6th birthday to Courtney! I have missed you on here, Nan. Ok, this weekend is v-day, so I already have plans. Next weekend, I am heading home for my birthday celebration at home. What about the weekend of the 27th-28th?? Have you got any plans?

Michelle said...

Hope you had a great day Courtney!! :)xoxo

Alexis Jacobs said...

Happy birthday Courtney!

PaulickFam said...

That is Ron's birthday weekend but I will check and see with him if we are available for Saturday night. I will keep you up to date.

Courtney said thank you everyone and she misses her sweetie friend Ella.